What are the Effect of Sexual Assault Violence
Sexual assault can have a devastating impact on victims, both physically and emotionally. The effects of sexual assault can vary from person to person, but some common effects include:
- Physical injuries: Sexual assault can cause physical injuries, such as bruises, cuts, and internal injuries.
- Emotional trauma: Sexual assault can cause emotional trauma, such as fear, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Changes in behavior: Sexual assault can lead to changes in behavior, such as social isolation, substance abuse, and self-harm.
- Impact on relationships: Sexual assault can have a negative impact on relationships, both personal and professional.
- Impact on self-esteem: Sexual assault can damage a victim’s self-esteem and sense of worth.
It is important to remember that you are not alone. There are people who care about you and want to help. If you have been a victim of sexual assault, please reach out for help. There is hope.